Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

June and July have been kind of ridiculous. Lots and lots of stuff going on!!!

In June I started working at Carmen B. Pingree as a classroom aid in a preschool room. I work with children from about 2-5 years old who have autism. It is a blast! Super overwhelming the first couple of days because of all the protocol and behaviors to learn, but its so much fun! Summer session got out last Thursday so we have a little vacation before going back to school the end of August.

The 4th of July was pretty fun as well. Brian and I got a late start on our plans so most of them fell through. We ended up going to eat at some Korean place. Yes, we were traitors to America, we should have just eaten a hot dog. But we paid for our mistake - Korean food really isn't that good friends! Just say no. We ended up going to the fireworks at Sugarhouse Park. It's tradition that every year I walk there by myself I get lost and go the long way around. I don't know why it always confuses me, but every year without fail I end up walking a couple extra miles. Poor Brian. We met up with my family after a 45 minute long detour right before the fireworks started. Afterwards we went back to my house to heat up some leftovers from my parents' dinner (we didn't eat much at the restaurant...thats what we get for being adventurous).
The next morning I woke up to find that my car had been stolen during the night. We called it in pretty quick and within 3 hours of reporting it the city called and told me that they had found my car during a routine check of different sketchy motels in the valley. I was relieved until I pulled up to the motel to pick it up. It was disgusting. The steering column had been popped out, there were several deep scratches around the wheels and trunk, and it was completely full of items belonging to the druggies who had taken it. Clothes, backpacks, even a cup full of water. I just got it back from the repair shop last week (after reluctantly turning in my sweet rental). The car still grosses me out. Who knows what it has seen...

Brian closed on his house over a month ago and is now getting it ready for paint/carpet/other repairs. He also inherited a 7 year old collie named Chance. He is HUGE! He's also very friendly and thinks he's a lap dog at times. The house needs some major help, but with a fresh coat of paint and some new flooring it will look completely different. It has a lot of potential. :)

So that's what has been keeping me busy the past while. Hopefully it all slows down before school picks up!

No comments:

Post a Comment